A three day train the trainer course in moving and handling.
- To know your role and responsibilities as a Trainer, within the work place.
- To understand the principles of manual handling and the governing legislation in relation to the workplace.
- To understand the causative factors of work-related injuries and especially low back pain and the potential problems associated with injuries at work.
- To understand the importance of back care and to promote it into the workplace.
- To be able to identify risks and hazards in the working environment and have the ability to work through the risk assessment procedure to a satisfactory conclusion.
- To understand the principles of moving and handling, demonstrating a high degree of competence in object handling and moving & handling people.
- To understand the importance of mobility assessment and the importance of the correct selection of handling techniques in order to meet individual needs.
- To be able to identify the correct applications for a variety of equipment involved in handling, including a safe working knowledge of hoisting techniques and sling use.
- To demonstrate good organisational and team skills in a practical handling setting.
- To be able to lead teaching sessions, instructing and correcting others, in a variety of situations.
- To demonstrate a good general understanding of the outline of the content of the course.
Course dates: (delegates must attend all three dates)
Monday 2nd July 2018 09.30am 16.00pm
Monday 9th July 2018 09.30am 16.00pm
Monday 16th July 2018 09.30am 16.00pm
Trainer: Ann Humphries