Severn Teaching School Alliance
Park Lane Centre
Tel : 01952 387237
Course Leader: Dot Reeves
Target Audience: All School Staff, mainstream and special
Other professionals involved in working with children and adults with communication difficulties.
Dates: 12th & 13th December 2017
29th & 30th January 2018
21st & 22nd June 2018
All 9.15am – 3.15pm
The 2 day course covers the signs and symbols within stages 1 – 4 plus some additional vocabulary from the Makaton Core vocabulary.
Key outcomes/benefits and impact
• Gain an understanding of the impact of a communication difficulty on the individual and their families.
• Be able to use a range of signs from the Core Vocabulary.
• Be able to use a range of symbols from the Core vocabulary.
• Be aware of research into sign use, symbol design themes.
• Understand the use and purpose of Makaton.
• Have an overview of alternative systems of communication.