Severn Teaching School Alliance
Park Lane Centre
Tel : 01952 387237
Course Leader: Sally Noble
Target Audience: Primary Head teachers in Telford & Wrekin
Dates: 10th October 2017
20th March 2018
26th June 2018
9.00 am – 3.00 pm
Cost: £130 per session/£98 for Core Package Subscribers
The course content for each session will vary and is often decided by the group or National developments. However, sessions will be planned to develop leadership capacity, be interactive and involve regular sharing of good practice.
Past sessions have included:
• sharing effective self review mechanisms;
• developing mastery in mathematics
• being prepared for short inspections;
• support for new head teachers;
• reviewing SEN provision in line with the inspection schedule
• developing a creative curriculum
• effective assessment and regular assessment updates
• regular Ofsted updates
• Quality time to reflect on good leadership practice and to be solution focused with colleagues who can empathise with the role and responsibilities.
• Time to complete significant leadership tasks with quality time ‘away from the ranch’.
• Sharing of effective practice and development of support networks.
• An opportunity to further embed ambition and drive improvement in the leadership of teaching and learning.
• New or recently appointed school leaders are well supported by a strong network of mutually supportive colleagues.
• Empowered leaders who are highly effective at driving up the quality of teaching and learning.
• A strong sense of shared purpose, which involves work towards meeting, or sustaining, ambitious outcomes for all pupils.