Collaborative approaches to the mental health of children: from issues to interventions – Mental health conference is taking place in January 2018, with one of the workshops being presented by our own Future in Mind lead, Sian Deane.
Who should attend?
School leaders in early years; primary; special and secondary schools and other educational settings, psychiatrists and other CAMHS professionals.
- Attachment - Dr David Colley, Senior Lecturer, Dr Helen Minnis, Consultant Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist, and Emma Vyvyan, SEND leader
- Anxiety in primary schools - Professor Cathy Creswell, Professor of Developmental Psychologist, and Paul Brown, Head Teacher
- Anxiety in secondary schools - Dr Polly Waite, University of Reading, and Penny Broadbent, Assistant Head Teacher
- Delivering a mental health and well-being curriculum - Harriet Gill, Managing Director of Education and well-being
- Delivering resilience and well-being - Professor Angie Hart, Lianne Ward, Principal, and Jaime Smith, Programme Director of Mental Health and Well-Being in Schools
- Evidence-based practice - Professor Tamsin Ford, University of Exeter and Professor Kathy Sylva, Place2Be
- Self harm - Dr Tina Rae, Educational Psychologist, Dr Dennis Ougrin, Consultant Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist, and Sian Deane, Head Teacher.
- Values based systems - Dr Peter Hindley, Consultant Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist and Tony Draper, NAHT Past President
Keynote speakers include:
- Dr Bernadka Dubicka, Chair, Faculty of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
- Duchess of Cambridge, Royal Patron, Place2Be (Invited)
- Professor Barry Carpenter OBE CBE, Professor of Mental Health in Education, Oxford Brookes University
- Baroness Claire Tyler
- Dr Francesca Happé, Kings College London
- Professor Dame Sue Bailey, Children and Young People’s Mental Health Coalition
- Kim Johnson, Past President, NAHT
Further details on this very high profile event can be found here – http://www.naht.org.uk/welcome/naht-events/conferences/mental-health-conference/